Healthcare Conferences UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Healthcare Conferences UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
Healthcare Conferences UK collects information when:
- You register to attend a conference. In this case, we collect your name, job title, organisation, address, telephone number and email address. The information is added to our secure database in order to process your booking.
- You are submitting an abstract for an event run by Healthcare Conferences UK. In this case we collect your name, organisation, telephone number and email address.
- You are using a contact form, where we ask for your name, email and phone number and, of course, a message. This information is stored briefly while it is converted into an email message which is then sent.
- Your register to receive updates, where we collect your name, job title, organisation, address, telephone number and email address. The information is added to our secure database for informing you about future events.
- You begin a booking but do not complete it; the site stores this information and we use it to follow up with you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require the information to understand your needs and deliver our service as a training and events provider and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To provide you with special rates for our events. Payments for events are handled by WorldPay, and we do not store any credit/debit card information. The Worldpay forms are preloaded with the information we hold for you to prevent you having to enter it again. Healthcare Conferences UK are not responsible for information stored on the Worldpay servers.
- Marketing: To inform you by email of future events and news related to the conference/s you book/express an interest in and your job role. You can always opt out from receiving these emails by clicking on the relevant links or contacting us. Where you have consented, the information you have provided may be shared with third parties namely event partners, exhibitors and sponsors for them to inform you about their products and services.
For users booking places at events, we need the information to:
- allow us to process your booking and if requested raise an invoice
- notify you in the case of any changes
- provide you with a CPD certificate.
We use Google Analytics to measure and improve the performance and content of the site and to determine what is or is not regularly visited.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
See our page on this topic.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR came into force in May 2018, and requires that we provide you with the following information.
The GDPR requires us to state the lawful basis for the processing activity that we perform. Registering to attend a Healthcare Conferences UK provides an implicit contract between the delegate and Healthcare Conferences UK. The personal information is required to allow Healthcare Conferences UK to provide this service.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may asked us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Healthcare Conferences UK is the data controller.
The 'Processor' is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller. For Healthcare Conferences UK this is the Marketing Director. To contact, use the link to ‘Contact Us’ link on this website.